Child Custody, Allocation of Parenting Time, and Visitation Lawyer
Protects Your Child Custody and Visitation Rights – serving Cook County, Will County & Du Page County.
If you are divorcing and need your right to parenting time protected, or if you want to revisit child custody and visitation schedules in light of changes in circumstance, we want to help.
We are the full-service divorce and family law offices of Antonietti & Associates in Illinois, serving individuals, couples and families in Greater Chicago since 1995.
Our law firm’s founder, Charles E. Antonietti, has almost 25 years of experience that can benefit you. We knowthe law, and how it can safeguard your interests when differences over custody and visitation arise.
**Effective January 1st, 2016 Senate Bill 57 begins. Significant changes are being made to family law in Illinois. The changes are to the IMDMA – Illinois Marriage and Dissolution of Marriage Act surrounding child custody.
Child custody is migrating to Allocation of Parental Responsibility in Illinois
Instead of making custody determinations, the courts will now be making determinations surrounding allocating parental responsibility. Parental responsibility includes two things; parenting time, and decision making responsibilities.
The new law allocates child or children decision making into four categories for parents:
- Extra curricular activities
Decision making responsibilities are based on what is in the best interests of the child or children. Therefore, the court will consider relevant factors that are outlined by the statute. These include:
- Abuse in the home
- Any prior agreement or conduct between the parents with regard to decision-making
- Physical violence against the child
- The ability of each parent to support the child’s continued close relationship with the other parent
- The ability of the parents to cooperate
- The child’s adjustment to his or her home, school and community
- The child’s needs
- The distance between the parents’ homes
- The mental and physical health of all individuals involved
- The parents’ wishes
- The wishes of the child
- Whether or not one parent is a sex offender
- Any other relevant factor(s)
If you have questions about child support or allocation of parental responsibility we have the honest, accurate answers you need at Antonietti & Associates.
For child custody and visitation legal leadership that recognizes the best interests of the child, and that clarifies your issues and gives you peace, contact Antonietti & Associates. Your phone consultation is free of charge. Evening appointments are available by request.
For Your Fair Share of Parenting Time, Speak With Antonietti & Associates
We provide honest answers to your questions, and make you aware of every available legal option in family law practice areas such as:
- Child custody, visitation rights and parenting plans
- Resolutions for child custody disputes
- Post-decree modifications of custody and visitation obligations
- Enforcements of custody and visitation responsibilities
- Paternity and parental rights, as they relate to custody and visitation matters, as well as child support
- Parental relocation and child custody removals
For compassionate, quality legal representation of your custody, visitation and parenting time goals, contact us. We serve divorce and family law clients throughout the Greater Chicago metro area, including the counties of Cook, Du Page and Will. .
Contact a Child Custody, Allocation of Parental Responsibility and Visitation Attorney TODAY!
For a free phone consultation, call Charles E. Antonietti today. If you leave a message with us after business hours, we promise to respond to it promptly.