Guardianship Attorneys – Hinsdale | DuPage County

Guardianship may be needed for for disabled adults or minors. Guardianship allows a person to manage another persons affairs. Antonietti Law experience can help you obtain guardianship over a minor or a disabled loved one in the event it is needed.

Our lawyers can help you with all the details involved with obtaining and maintaining guardianship.

Guardianship for Disabled Adults

The first step is to petition the court for guardianship. The court will send a representative to interview the disabled adult to determine whether guardianship is needed. If the guardianship is granted and the disabled adult has money, annual financial reports will be required by the court outlining how that money was spent, allocated or invested.

Guardianship for Special Needs Children and the Elderly

Guardianship may be needed for a special need child, or the elderly due to a medical condition. Guardianship is required to apply for Social Security disability benefits on behalf of another person, as well as to legally make all other important personal and financial decisions.

Guardianship for Minors

Grandparents, aunts and uncles, or other relatives may seek guardianship over a minor child whose parents have passed away, are imprisoned, or are no longer able to raise the child or children. Guardianship is important in cases where the minor has received an inheritance or a large settlement of money to ensure that money is managed properly and used as it should be to care for the child.

Contact A Guardianship Attorney For Help

Contact Antonietti Law today for a confidential consultation and case review.